Sunday, June 27, 2010

Kelly Elizabeth: Weight Crusader!

Over the past two years my body has been on a crazy ride.

When I first started college I didn't like the school I was at, it was so cold and windy outside all the time that I never went out, and I wasn't clicking with anyone on campus, I was super depressed, and for the second semester I barely left my room and almost flunked out.  During this period of time I lost 40 pounds, 30 of which I really couldn't have afforded to loose.  I think I was somewhere in the 125 to 130 range at my thinest, which for a person as tall as me is really far too thin.

After my first miserable year at college I transfered to a school that I love that's in a great area, with great people, and it's a short train ride into Manhattan should I feel the urge to soak in some culture.  Unfortunately, with all of this luck I've become, as they say, "fat and happy".  I'd say that right now I weigh about 180 pounds, I'm 6 feet tall so I'm not morbidly obese or anything but I really need to loose some weight and get healthy.

My target weight would be somewhere around 140 or 150.  For a lot of years I was pretty steady at 152 pounds, and even then I probably could have stood to loose 5 to 10 pounds.  I'm not so focused on these numbers as much as I just want to look good and be healthy.

I've just started my weight crusade today and I've decided to chronicle my attempt to eat healthier and make a positive lifestyle change...


There was nothing left in my refrigerator and I decided that this would be the perfect time to drastically change the way I eat.  So I got myself some healthier things like Greek yogurt, blueberries, whole grain bread, milk instead of soda, granola, and some Lean Cuisine dinners (because when I cook it's hard to resist the urge to throw in lots of butter!).  I also bought a few chicken breast, boiled them, let them cool, shredded them and stored it in some Tupperware in my fridge.  I figured this would be a great way to be able to throw together a quick low-fat meal... either a sandwich or I could make soup or a whole bunch of things.  My mom also gave me a food diary so I can write down all of the things I eat everyday.

For my first post on my weight loss journey I wanted to begin with my new obsession with Lean Cuisine dinners.  I had my first one tonight and was surprised to find it very satisfying!

It was the Three Cheese Stuffed Rigatoni from the Cafe Cuisine line, really tasty and only 230 calories!

Obviously, it doesn't look quite like the picture over there, but it was really not too different!  The vegetables were really surprising, they still had good tooth to them and weren't mushy at all, and the sauce was very flavorful, it had some good zest to it!  In the future I think I may try to stay away from a Lean Cuisine with so many carbs, but for a once a week treat it's great!



I'm also really impressed by Lean Cuisine's website.  You can browse through all of the varieties of dinners they have, check out the nutritional facts, read product reviews, check to see which products your local super market is carrying, and even create a diet plan for yourself.

Have any of you tried Lean Cuisine products?  So far I am loving them!

1 comments:

Tennille said...

Good luck! I am trying to lose weight too. I had lost 25 pounds a couple of years ago and 10 pounds last year but I still have a long way to go!

Post a Comment