Tuesday, March 9, 2010

43 Makeup Questions

I've seen this floating around the internet and I thought it might be a nice way for people to get a glimpse of my makeup style and routine and taste and see what I'm all about!  (Specifically, I snagged this from particular survey from lollipop26writes.com)






SKINCARE


1) How many times do you wash your face daily?
 Twice, once in the morning and once before bed!


2) What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
Combination, my nose gets super dry, my forehead and chin get super oily and everything else is pretty normal.


3) What is your current facial wash?
I’ve been using Biore’s Clean Things Up Nourishing Gel cleanser for a really long time now, maybe a year… I really like it, but I’m thinking of switching to a gentle face cleanser like Neutrogena’s Extra Gentle Cleanser or Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash, because I really only breakout around my period, so I don’t really need any intensive kind of cleanser.


4) Do you exfoliate?
Only when I feel like my skin needs it. Not often because I feel like I always breakout after I use them.


5) What brand do you use?
I’ve been using exclusively biore for a while but I’m thinking of changing things up.


6) What moisturizer do you use?
I’ve been using Biore’s Nourish Moisture lotion every morning and Hard Day’s Night Overnight moistureizer everynight… I think I may be over doing it though, the only place that really needs intense moisture is my nose, the rest of my face hardly needs any, I’m not really sure what to do.  Lately I’ve been using the Hard Day’s Night moisturizer on my nose and just giving the rest of my face a quick spray with some Fix + which has actually been pretty nice.


7) Do you have freckles?
A lot less than I when I was a kid, I get more during the summer, but mostly on my shoulders.


8) Do you use eye cream?
No not currently.


9) Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Really only during my period…. Unless I pick at it (which I know is horrible but sometimes I do it without even realizing it!) then it never goes away haha


10) Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
My mom came home with some proactive knockoff once, it made my skin worse, I have really sensitive skin and I think it just irritated everything.


MAKE-UP

11) What foundation do you use?
MAC Face and Body Foundation in N1 and Bare Escentuals Fairly Light


12) How about concealer?
I don’t really use any, I can build up the face and body a little more in some spots than others if I need too though.


14) Do you know your undertone color?
I change my mind about this daily, I am either pretty neutral or have some yellow undertones… I should probably ask a consultant sometime haha


15) What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I’m allergic to something in literally all of those glues you use to stick them on, plus I always think that they look WAY over the top.  I say leave them to people who are going to be on camera or perform on stage.


16) Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yeahh, but but I basically go by the product’s consistency, how it looks, feels, and smells.  It’s usually pretty apparent when you need to discard your mascara.


17) What brand of mascara do you use?
Right now I’m loving Covergirl Lashblast length.  I don’t know how lengthening it is but it separates all my lashes and makes them look nice and dark and defined without looking like I’m wearing a ton of mascara.


18) Sephora or MAC?
MAC, they’re cleaner and their staff is more knowledgeable.  If you’ve ever been to a Sephora in New York City you knowthat the testers are always all over the place and disgusting and they are always out of a ton of stuff.


19) Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No, I’m not a pro so I don’t really have any need for it.


20) What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Fingers, foundation and eyeshadow brushes, that’s about it!


21) Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, Too Faced Shadow Insurance.


22) For the face?
Yes, right now I am absolutely in love with Illamasqua’s Satin Primer.  It gives my face a nice glowy look without being oily and greasy looking.  Usually after using face and body foundation you really need to put powder over it because it looks greasy, but even the first time I used this primer the foundation looked much better over it!  Amazing, I still used a powder over it but it was a drastic improvement.  The glowiness even showed through the powder, I’d recommend giving this product a try.  I really like the packaging for it too, you have excellent control over how much product comes out!


23) What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
Either Shale or Era by MAC.


24) Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I either use a Prestige Kohl pencil or a powder liner.


25)How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Almost never, I wear contacts and getting makeup in my eyes usually means I need to put in a new pair of contacts, their never the same after I get makeup on them.


26) What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I’ve never tried them, they seem too messy and I just don’t too much more than casual looks for it to be necessary for me.


27) Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes I love Bare Escentuls, during the summer or in hot weather places I can use it alone, during the winter I usually like to put liquid foundation on underneath because my skin is dryer.  Since I don’t need much coverage and I have sensitive skin this stuff works great for me, I love it and recommend it to almost everyone, depending on their skintype.


28) What is your favorite lipstick?
MAC’s Modesty, it’s a really nice neutral pink color that looks good with almost everything.


29) How about lipgloss?
I don’t really like lip gloss but my favorite is Bare Escentuals Buxom lipgloss in Brandi.  I always get a million compliments when I wear it.  It’s the perfect color, red but not crazy firetruck red haha


30) What is your favorite blush to use?
I’m so depressed because I’m pretty sure it’s discontinued but my absolute favorite is Prestige’s Skin Loving Minerals in Natural.


31) Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
Never, I don’t trust the people selling online.


32) Do you like drugstore makeup?
Some I do and some I don’t, just like department store products.  You just have to pick and choose.


33) Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
The closest one to me is at the Jersey Shore.. I don’t own a car so it’s hard to get there, plus  hate the Jersey Shore, it’s full of obnoxious tourists… there is some truth to that Jersey Shore show, it’s obviously exaggerated on TV but it’s not too too different (during the summer anyhow) haha


34) Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Nah, it’s just a hobby for me, I’m not going to invest that kind of money into it.


35) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Sometimes if I’m in a rush!


36) Name a makeup crime that you hate?
There are so many… hahaha.  Well let’s see there’s white eyeliner, too much lip liner, drawn on eyebrows, TOO MUCH BRONZER UGH!, lots of thick black eyeliner… the list goes on…


37) Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I like neutrals overall, but I like little punches of color, on the eyes, mostly muted purples, blues, oranges.


38) Which celebrity always has great make up?
I don’t really know…


39) If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
I’d just slap on some of my Bare Minerals.


40) Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
I’m in college so I go to class without makeup on all the time haha


41) Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
As long as my skin’s in good shape yeah.


42) In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I really love MAC.


43) What do you think of Makeup?
I have a number of different anxiety issues, and I used to have really severe germ issues, but since I’ve discovered makeup a lot of my germ issues or been channeled in to makeup routines.  That might not be entirely healthy but there it is.  I always used to scoff at people who wore makeup but once my skin started getting really bad once a month I changed my tune.  I’m not a huge fan of lots of bright colors and crazy makeup though, I think it’s pretty silly, but that’s just me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment