Monday, June 21, 2010

LUSH Color Supplements Review



Alright everyone, here's my latest review!

The Lush website describe the color supplements as:

"Perfect for giving an even, flawless look to your skin; these little beauties will cover up the odd blemish and tone down any redness. They can be used by themselves as a normal foundation for more concentrated coverage, or they can be mixed with our beautiful moisturizers to give a lighter, more dewy complexion. Made with red rose petal infusion to calm redness and glycerine to help your skin retain moisture, these mineral oil-free Colour Supplements do lovely things for your skin."


Alright so I'm going to give you the bullet points:


-I wouldn't use these by themselves, I think that they would be hard to work with and way to thick on their own.  Even with moisturizer mixed in it was still a little hard to work with.  


- If I did this again I might use a foundation brush instead of my hands, because, as you saw, the finger application technique wasn't very even. 

-Obviously there's a VERY limited color range (as you can see on their website) I think that maybe the theory is that if you mix it with moisturizer it should be thin enough that it will match the tone of your skin rather than the exact shade and that that should be good enough?  This is what it says on the subject on their website, "There are four different Colour Supplements that are meant to cover all the ranges in colour of skin. You can use them straight onto your skin as foundation, concealer, or by supplementing (blending) the colour with your moisturizer on the back of your hand to find the perfect shade."


- I didn't use any kind of primer or base because I was blending the supplement in with my moisturizer, I wonder if that is why it really didn't last on me very long at all, or because it was hot out...  It sort of managed to stick to some of my forehead for most of the day, but it also settled in to some deep cracks I have on my forehead (sun damage from my lifeguarding days unfortunately...)  It slide off of my cheeks and chin pretty quickly though, and that's after I set it with some bare minerals and minerals veil.  


-  I don't think that I would buy this product, especially since you only get .7 (I think ounces even though it doesn't say so on their website) and it costs $13.00, but I suppose you have to factor in that you mix it with moisturizer instead of just using it straight (or at least that's how I'd use it.)


If you have any questions that I didn't answer or any comments at all please leave it in the comments!  
Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment